Looking for tips for real estate agents? Congrats – you’ve come to the right place. As real estate agents, we sometimes have it a little rough. Popular culture seems to be against us. Think about all the famous real estate agents from movies and television. What comes to mind? How about Phil Dunphy continually screwing up in just about every Modern Family episode?
Yeah, it’s challenging out there – which makes it all the more important to get all the real estate agent tips that you can in order to demolish those old stereotypes and take your career to a brand-new level. So, what kind of tips should you be looking for in order to keep your current clients happy, better serve future clients, and boost your bottom line? Here’s our list of the best seven tips for real estate agents.
- Place a premium on client communication. The first (and arguably the foremost) of our real estate agent tips? Communicate clearly with your clients. That means be responsive and accessible. You should strive to avoid being the subject of a future horror story. So many clients come away from relationships with real estate agents shaking their heads. “Wow,” they’ll say, “that person would NEVER return my calls/texts/emails. What were they doing?” Don’t be that person. Answer your emails. Answer your texts. Return those phone calls right away. Tell your clients about the best way to reach you, and be very open and prompt when it comes to scheduling and appointments. Be early or (at the very least) be on time for showings, document signings, and other important moments. They’ll appreciate it.
- Get a mentor, and talk to them. No matter how long you’ve been in the industry, there’s always someone who will know a little bit more about the real estate landscape. Seek out that wisdom. Find your very own Yoda in the real estate industry. They don’t necessarily have to be short and green (or talk like that, really), but they should be able to give you some insight into everything – from the local business environment to managing work-life balance to just those little tips and tricks you pick up over a career.
- Keep learning. You know what happens to sharks if they stop swimming, right? They’re kaput. So, when it comes to education and learning, just keep swimming forward. Don’t let your education become stagnant. Keep learning and growing in the industry. Investigate every opportunity out there to improve your skills. Continuing education is an excellent option – especially if your organization will subsidize its costs. Or, look for online courses or programs you can take to bring your real estate agents skills to an entirely new level. The more you learn, the better you’ll be.
- Keep in contact with your clients. A good way to grow beneficial relationships with your clients? Keep in touch. Beneficial relationships between clients and real estate agents don’t just end after one transaction – they keep going. This is one of the best real estate agent tips out there. Grow a friendly relationship between yourself and the people you help buy or sell. Not only will it help you establish a relationship for any future transactions that they may require, but it will also help you grow your immediate network. After all, a good recommendation from one person to another when they ask, “Hey, know any good real estate agents?” is worth its weight in gold.
- Make an investment in your social media. One of the best real estate agents tips? Grow your social media so you can show off your skills and offer your services. Now, there’s a delicate balance to find here. On the one hand, you want to post enough to alert people that you can help them – and show off what you’re all about. On the other, you definitely don’t want to be like That Person From High School Trying to Sell You a Multi-Level Marketing Scam (no, thanks, I’m all set with my protein shakes and makeup, thank you very much). So, be judicious about your posting. Don’t be a spammer. Try to have value when you put something up – helpful tips around holidays, interesting articles, funny experiences – anything that would actually give some value to the average person browsing your page.
- Take advantage of the resources that are out there. Here’s where we plug sites like LemonBrew (hint – we have plenty of elements that can help you along, from our excellent blog to our ability to connect a Partner Agent to a client). Aside from our very own site, be sure you explore all of the sites out there that can help you out in your day-to-day life. That means everything from the local news sources (to keep an eye on big events that might affect the market) to the other real estate transactions taking place (so you can get a good handle on the market). When it comes to real estate agents tips, simple awareness and getting a handle on competitive intelligence will go a long way.
- Finally – keep your spirits up. This business can get to be a grind. There’s no getting around that. It’s fun, and it’s rewarding, but at its heart, it’s a grind. The process of gathering new clients, dealing with existing ones, finishing up transactions, and marketing yourself to a wider audience can wear anyone down. Try your best not to get too high or too low. Know that this is a business of peaks and valleys, and staying on an even keel throughout the changing tides is absolutely crucial. Stay on target, stay on budget, work hard, be humble, and keep learning. Remember that mantra, and you’ll go a long way in the business.
What LemonBrew Can Do For You
Okay – after all of that, how can LemonBrew help you out?
First, if you’re a real estate agent, be sure to use us as a resource. I mean, we’re pretty great (humble, too) and our main goal is to simplify the home buying process for both the buyer AND the seller. Just check our website for all the details. Check out our blog, for example – we’ve got some amazing content on there, everything from “How Do Mortgages Work?” to “Why I Decided to Become a Real Estate Agent” (that one will really take you back to your roots). Think of us as a valuable resource for every aspect of the home buying process; we’re something you can use to get intelligence, and we’re something you can recommend to clients in order to learn more about the real estate process.
How about if you’re looking to buy or sell a home? Well, we can certainly help out with that. When it comes to real estate agents, we’re here to connect!